On 27.02.2008, at 09:57, Andreas Zeidler wrote:

On Feb 27, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Andreas Zeidler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Feb 24, 2008, at 5:30 PM, George Lee wrote:
imho, yes.

i still don't see how i should have caught the bug wiggy has, if that issue specifically *was* working when i conducted my own tests.

the fact that two additional packages are introduced by
the PLIP should have been pointed out, along with additional review
notes about them, or at least a note whether they have been reviewed
or not...

It should have been pretty obvious, the review buildout had a
'parts/review' part with the changed or new products inside it, and
only them.

yes, i agree, and even more so with this piece of information. what i'm saying is that i would have liked tom and/or raphael to point this out, especially since newly introduced packages kinda raised the chances of having the PLIP conflict with the release goal of being non-invasive.

i agree. neither did i specifically review those two products nor did i point out in my review that i hadn't. mea culpa.

but then again: isn't that the reason why the rest of the framework team members were supposed to read each plip's review notes and then cast their vote on the plip, as well? in this case none of five reviewers noticed the oversight.

I think, for the future we need to create more specific checklists of some sort to increase the likelihood that all relevant aspects of a plip are covered in a review.

then again, i realise now that part of the job of a reviewer is exactly to find out those areas. perhaps that's something we should specifically add to the job description ;-)

having read the list and the trac comments i still can't tell whether the consensus is to re-review the bundle for 3.1 or if this is going to go into 3.2. i guess, that's ultimately wiggy's call.

tom

cheers,

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
friedelstra├če 31 - 12047 berlin - telefon +49 30 25563779