On Feb 27, 2008, at 5:22 PM, Tom Lazar wrote:
On 27.02.2008, at 09:57, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
On Feb 27, 2008, at 2:00 AM, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Andreas Zeidler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Feb 24, 2008, at 5:30 PM, George Lee wrote:
imho, yes.

i still don't see how i should have caught the bug wiggy has, if that issue specifically *was* working when i conducted my own tests.

just to make sure, you had removed the Calendaring package from your buildout when this still worked?

but then again: isn't that the reason why the rest of the framework team members were supposed to read each plip's review notes and then cast their vote on the plip, as well? in this case none of five reviewers noticed the oversight.

no, but it's kinda hard to know there are additional packages without reviewing the bundle in the first place. i mean, how can you tell the notes are missing something when the only information you're looking at are the notes. this could mean there's a flaw in the process, and imho that's the case, but for this time at least the other members relied on the notes, so to say. well, some didn't even go that far... ;)

I think, for the future we need to create more specific checklists of some sort to increase the likelihood that all relevant aspects of a plip are covered in a review.

+1

then again, i realise now that part of the job of a reviewer is exactly to find out those areas. perhaps that's something we should specifically add to the job description ;-)

+1 again.

having read the list and the trac comments i still can't tell whether the consensus is to re-review the bundle for 3.1 or if this is going to go into 3.2. i guess, that's ultimately wiggy's call.

afaik sidnei was going to look into the raised issues first (and fix them), but a clear statement would probably help him decide if it makes sense at all for him to spend time on it now.

cheers,

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
friedelstra├če 31 - 12047 berlin - telefon +49 30 25563779