Scratching my own itch (thanks to Hanno for suggesting I look at the component owner list in trac), I pulled together this list of current component owners, sorted into owned and unowned.

COMPONENTS WITH TRAC OWNERS

Archetypes                 nouri
Catalog                    witsch
Content Rules              optilude
Control Panel              hannosch
Image Blob Support         witsch
Installer (Mac OS X)       smcmahon
Installer (Unified)        smcmahon
Installer (Windows)        dreamcatcher
Intelligenttext            maurits
Internationalization       hannosch
Javascript                 mj
KSS (Ajax)                 ree
Linkintegrity              witsch
Locking jfroche Navigation/Folder listings optilude
NuPlone Theme              limi
OpenID support             davisagli
Portlets                   optilude
Search                     witsch
Spelling Error             hannosch
Transforms                 hannosch
Versioning                 alecm
Visual Editor (Kupu)       duncan
WebDAV                     dreamcatcher

COMPONENTS WITH NO TRAC OWNERS

ATReferenceBrowserWidget Accessibility Calendar and time Content Types Discussions Documentation Infrastructure (kind of a broad area) Login and registration Mail
MimetypesRegistry
Permissions RSS RTL Upgrade/Migration Usability (also a pretty broad area)
Users/Groups
Visual and templates Wiki support (Wicked) Workflow Working copy support (Iterate)

MY QUESTIONS:

Are there owned components where the owner is not active?

Are there unowned components that are actually owned?

Which unowned components are the most critical to get owners for?

Are there unnamed components that need owners?

Are there unnamed components that have owners?

Should I take this discussion out to the dev list? ;-)

:jon