On Oct 19, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

Hi Framework Team,

On behalf of Andreas Zeidler, I'd like to offer up the following PLIP for your consideration for Plone 3.3:

http://plone.org/products/plone/roadmap/246

It's a pretty trivial PLIP that adds a new view that is capable of rendering events as an iCalendar file, so people can subscribe to Plone events in various calendaring software like iCal, Google Calendar, Outlook, Sunbird, etc.

The view is added to ATContentTypes, and is currently implemented on a branch (and includes tests).

PS: Andreas is fully responsible for the implementation here, I'm only helping out by writing a short PLIP for him.

An unofficial +0.5 from me, which will increment to +1 if the following question is addressed:

Why is a calendar support mixin used, instead of adapting to ICalendarSupport? The latter would make it easier to also implement calendar support for non-AT content.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup