Previously Ricardo Alves wrote:
> Hi framework team,
>
> I'm sorry I didnt' comment on the previous discussion about PLIP #244,
> but I wasn't subscribing this list. Anyway, I'd like to comment on some
> of the objections already posted in the PLIP page.
>
> About the usefulness of site-wide portlets, let me give an example: you
> have a static portlet assignment at a folder, and that portlet makes
> sense only in the context of that folder, so you want to block it in
> subfolders but keeping site-wide portlets visible (e.g. like news,
> review list, events, etc). Currently you can't do this, unless you
> manage to setup some weird combination using the other categories...

I disagree. Again you are just describing a special case of a more
generic problem: the lack of ability to selective block (and perhaps
unblock) portlets. I can not think of a single situation where site
portlets would make sense.

Wichert.

--
Wichert Akkerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    It is simple to make things.