On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 04:55:34 -0800, Matthew Wilkes <matt...@matthewwilkes.co.uk> wrote:

PLIPs have their own numbering and are currently stored exclusively on plone.org.

Actually, for 4.0 and later, we're moving them all to Trac. That way, we can assign them to releases, track them separately, and use the update features as a progress log. With the new plone.org setup, the /development area will be Trac, and we'd like to have one roadmap page, not two.

Trac is built for development and lightweight release management, so let's use it for what it's good at. :)

but I'd not be adverse to moving to trac if we had a smooth migration plan.

Migration plan is: Everything in 3.x stays the way it has been (at least for now), for 4.0 — and possibly later releases in the 3.x series — we put PLIPs in Trac.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net