On 25 Dec 2008, at 17:08, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

Comments? Anything else people want to know at this point?

One question and one suggestion. Responses -- from the Team, not necessarily from Hanno -- need not be 'at this point', January some time will be fine.

A first "beta" release closely before the Plone conference would be good to have.

+1

agile

+1

allowing not-yet-fully finished features to be included into those technology previews.

+1

From my viewpoint of click testing (and extending then click testing) such TPs will be warmly welcomed.

If the documentation for a change is not yet updated, we can already include it.

- "include it"

+ "include the change"

Removal of a feature/code from a technology preview,
removal of a feature/code from a Plone core release,
trust in developers

Recalling from the Evangelism forum a post <http://n2.nabble.com/Should-we-be-doing-things-like-this--tp1587801p1602360.html > concerning (amongst other things) compatibility and breakage, I think the following phrase may require clarification:

we can remove the feature again from the codebase. Inclusion into a release can happen on the basis of trusting the developer who did the change to follow up on it and maintain it. If he doesn't, we can remove a feature again from the codebase.

* remove from the base during technology preview phase?

* remove from the base following a release?

(I understand that such removals are exceptionally rare, and always well-justified, but newcomers encountering the phrase may be alarmed.)

In clarifying the phrase above we can express both:

* the rarity and timeliness of such removals

and more importantly

* the underlying fact that trust is very well-placed.

Best,
Graham