On Dec 25, 2008, at 9:37 AM, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

I just brushed up the Trac roadmap a bit
(http://dev.plone.org/plone/roadmap) and included the PLIP's for Plone
4.0 into the overview (based on a TracQuery).

I think after the forthcoming visual integration / refresh for all of
Trac, it is now almost ready to serve as a replacement for the current
plone.org/roadmap.

What is missing is a link to the download page for each release and a
link to a user readable change overview. For now I'd leave those in
plone.org / PSC, but we might reconsider this at a later point.

Looks pretty good. Would be nice to show the status of each PLIP there if it's not hard.

Have we considered how we're going to handle the search function once plone.org and trac look the same visually? If we just use the separate search features of each product it's a bit non-ideal: - You will search different things depending on where you are in the site, but there's no indication of that to the visitor if trac and the rest of the site have the same design - Trac search kinda sucks for finding things other than tickets. e.g. search for "commit access", which I'd expect to be a common query in the development section. Trac lists a bunch of tickets requesting access, and you can't find the relevant doc for HOW to request access unless you uncheck the Tickets checkbox and search again.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidgl...@onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup