On Dec 28, 2008, at 5:37 PM, Martijn Pieters wrote:

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 23:19, David Glick <davidgl...@onenw.org> wrote:
I am definitely interested in seeing more work on filling out the holes in
GS support in core Plone.

If we include a tool for dump-and-reload content migration in Plone itself, I think it needs to be pluggable enough to be useful with non- Archetypes
content as well as AT-based content.

collective.transmogrifier already can load both AT-based content and
non-Archetypes content, but is fully pluggable and only needs
additional components to support more details as well as dumping.

Is there a writeup anywhere of using collective.transmogrifier in a real-life scenario? The docs included in the package are clear, but an example of its use would help me wrap my head around how using it compares to other options, make it less abstract, and help clarify what missing plugins are needed.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidgl...@onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup