David Glick wrote:
[..]
Hey, just wanted to note that Andrew and I investigated this, discovered it was due to a previously existing bug in the unlockOnFormUnload.js script, and implemented a fix in the branch for PLIP #240. In the process we also discovered a related bug which results in items getting unlocked following a validation error even though someone is still editing. We'll port the fix for that issue to the 3.2 branch and trunk regardless of the decision on PLIP 240 as a whole.

Great!

Obviously this is fine with me as this is "just" a bug fix.

Thanks for looking into this,

   Raphael