On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Israel Saeta Pérez <dukeb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Ethan Jucovy <ethan.juc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Some of the things that people have said ought to be discussed about PLIP#
>> 247 are:
>>   1) impact on server startup time
>>   2) implications for test environments
>>   3) stabilizing and releasing a new version of z3c.autoinclude
>>   4) debugging tools/APIs for z3c.autoinclude
>> *  5) documentation and/or code generation templates to explain the entry
>> point for plugin authors*
>>
>> I'll begin working on #3 immediately, since there's plenty I can do there
>> while discussion is still happening.
>>
>> Please let me know if there's anything else I'll need to submit for the
>> PLIP's review.
>>

> I'm not a member of the Framework Team so this is not mandatory for the
> PLIP's review, but as a member of the Documentation Team I would
> appreciate number (5).
>
> Something like "Before, we did this to accomplish this task. Now, we can do
> that.", as Wichert (?) suggested, so we would be able to find and update
> affected docs easily.
>
> Thanks in advance!

The buildout manual has been updated (but updates are still private) to
reflect this new feature:

http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/buildout/copy_of_creating-a-new-package

See the new "Automate ZCML loading for your package section".

I would appreciate any review input since I'm not sure I've got it right.
Thanks!

-- israel
Documentation Team