Yeah, I've heard reports of autoinclude being slow (though I haven't
experienced it myself) and I have a pretty good idea why.  This came
up a little over a month ago on zope-dev:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-February/034846.html (and
the following thread)

I haven't had a chance to follow up or take any action on this, but if
this is a blocking concern for Plone 3.3 I can try to implement a
first pass optimization in the coming week.  If anyone else wants to
take a stab at it first, I outlined my thoughts at
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2009-March/034874.html

The most time-consuming thing here will likely be getting a good test
case to demonstrate worthwhile speed improvements, rather than the
code itself.  I'm thinking I'll try it with z3ext.

egj