On 5 May 2009, at 12:44, Hanno Schlichting wrote:

The general idea that seems to have met some consensus is to go for a
Plone 3.5 release up next. We'd skip any 3.4 release and go for a 3.5
that is similar in spirit to the Plone 2.5 release. It tries to both
refresh some of our technical underpinnings in addition to some more
intrusive feature changes we didn't allow ourselves in the 3.x series so
far.

Why skip 3.4? That Plone 2.5 was a major release was quite nasty, it confused people about what was a major release and what isn't. We've made a commitment to 3.x being stable, I think we should keep to it. Releasing a Plone 3.5 would confuse the matter.

However, it would be interesting to open the new features to a wider audience ASAP. I'd be in favour of this if:

- It wasn't called Plone 3.x or 4.x (Dunno what though)
- We maintained 3.x as officially supported

Matt