On May 5, 2009, at 2:04 PM, Andreas Zeidler wrote:
On May 5, 2009, at 10:05 PM, Ross Patterson wrote:
BLOBs: Has the backups/repozo story been sufficiently worked out?

this will need a good backup story, but it won't be via repozo. repozo was meant to backup a single data.fs, but not your entire zodb. the blob storage will tend to be big and might live on some media with other backup strategies (think SAN or S3). there should be some recipe or something that provides a single script to backup both for the standard use-case of having the blob storage live on the same filesystem, but that shouldn't be repozo.

I was looking into this last week and found this thread enlightening:
http://www.nabble.com/Backing-up-Data.fs-and-blob-directory-td19291251.html#a19293438

From that, it sounds like doing a repozo backup followed by an rsync of the blobstorage dir probably isn't insane, at least in some setups.

I agree that it would be nice to have some more pre-baked scripts for this though.

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidgl...@onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup