One way to mitigate this — and make Plone seem a bit more modern along the way — could be to apply the new typography/theme that I'm currently applying to trunk. This is essentially the typography from the plone.org redesign along with a color-neutral design for the navigation and other UI elements. The goal is to make something that you can put the company logo on, and it looks relatively decent, no matter what your company colors are.

+1. A change in look effects a preception of progress way out of proportion with its technical significance. This should keep the shallow people happy so the rest of us can have our small but important fixes before 2010. :-)

Erik