On Aug 5, 2009, at 1:45 PM, Alec Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:18 PM, David Glick<davidgl...@onenw.org> wrote:
* IPublishTraverse is used where ITraverse should be; that's why some
 linkintegrity tests are failing.

Actually they both need to be used. And that's just a guess -- I haven't
actually looked at this yet.

It doesn't look like there's any way to override OFS traversal using a
component (other than a view of course).  Perhaps we should just be
using the existing custom __getitem__ that's already in
BaseObject/BaseFolder instead of traversal magic.

That seems like a decent idea to me, given that we need this to work for publish traversal, OFS traversal, and path expressions in order to avoid regressions.

Does anyone know the background or justification for http://dev.plone.org/old/archetypes/changeset/9318 where the switch to an IPublishTraverse adapter first happened? Wichert?

Even if we use BaseObject's __getitem__, we probably ought to make the image scale lookup be adapter-based...I know that Andi has had plans to take advantage of the IPublishTraverse adapter in plone.app.imaging to override how scales are found (see http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.app.imaging/trunk/src/plone/app/imaging/traverse.py -- but this ImageTraverser isn't actually registered anywhere yet).

David Glick
Web Developer
ONE/Northwest

New tools and strategies for engaging people in protecting the environment

http://www.onenw.org
davidgl...@onenw.org
work: (206) 286-1235 x32
mobile: (206) 679-3833

Subscribe to ONEList, our email newsletter!
Practical advice for effective online engagement
http://www.onenw.org/full_signup