On Aug 7, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Alec Mitchell wrote:
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:47 AM, David Glick<davidgl...@onenw.org> wrote:
I haven't tested, but I presume that anything which does something like <tal:block tal:condition="exists:context/image_thumb" tal:replace="structure
python:context.tag(scale='thumb')"/>
would break.

Though linkintegrity may be working now, I think the code above would
still fail.  I'd guess there's a lot of code in the wild that uses
path expressions to access image scales by name, and we're breaking
all that code unless we fix this for the general case.

yes, like said before, we should check if it does (and most likely it will).

OTOH, we could
simply declare that we're OK with breaking backwards compatibility
here if we have consensus that this is worthwhile.  Perhaps we should
vote on this or discuss on the next call.

please do. otoh, if we don't want to break it, we should at least deprecate the old way and then drop it in 5.0, or perhaps even in something like 4.2.

zeidler it consulting - http://zitc.de/ - i...@zitc.de
friedelstra├če 31 - 12047 berlin - telefon +49 30 25563779
plone 3.3rc4 released! -- http://plone.org/products/plone/