On 3/16/10 18:40 , Alexander Limi wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:45 AM, Wichert Akkerman <wich...@wiggy.net
<mailto:wich...@wiggy.net>> wrote:

    I'ld like to see a list of pros and cons of using HTML 5 as well. I
    am quite worried by the lack of proper support in existing browsers.
    None of them implement any of the existing HTML standards properly,
    and I fear that switching to the still unfinished HTML5 would be a
    several steps too far at this point in time.

What parts in particular do you find are not working?

Some very basic things I've run into: some browsers can't style the legend tag, some browsers can't style input (esp. file) elements, some browsers drop the value of button elements, some browsers do weird things if you offset the body (to the point where jQuery no longer even tries to support that).

Given that today you can use div elements with classes to get the same results as HTML5 would give I don't see any point in trying to hasten a change to HTML5.

Wichert.