Hanno Schlichting wrote:
Hi there,

I've written a new PLIP that I'll hope to submit for Plone 4.1
"Convert control panels to use z3c.form" available at
http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10359.

I'll start the work on the PLIP shortly, so if anyone sees any major
problems with it or has other suggestions, I'd welcome any early
feedback.

I suggest we use the dict context (implement getContent() and return a dict) instead of all those adapters to get/set values as we do presently.

Also, use trunk of z3c.form, plone.z3cform and plone.app.z3cform for the time being - important cleanups have happened.

This PLIP is dependent on someone owning the general z3c.form / Plone
integration PLIP (http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9473) - I hope
someone will be up to that task :)

I can at least help, though I'll need to see closer to the actual deadline where I can own it.