#9322: Ensure that Plone 4 can upgrade Zope on Windows and Mac OS X via binary
eggs
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  limi        |        Owner:  smcmahon
     Type:  PLIP        |       Status:  assigned

Comment(by hannosch):

 Steve, what's the status of this? Was this ever implemented or do we need
 to reschedule for 4.1? Windows binary eggs for everything are available.
 For Mac OS we don't provide binary eggs, as there's too many platform
 differences that can cause problems with Apple provided Python vs. self-
 compiled vs. MacPorts (the UCS-2 vs. UCS-4 problem and the fact that eggs
 don't differentiate on them).

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9322#comment:17>
Plone <http://plone.org>