On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Martin Aspeli
<optilude+li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 August 2010 23:24, Godefroid Chapelle <got...@bubblenet.be> wrote:
>
>> First time I hear bad sound about Windmill. Happy that I am no the only
>> one not convinced.
>
> I hear "bad sounds" too from time to time, but no-one has yet been
> able to tell me what the real problem is. I'd be quite interested in
> any specifics.

Put simply: Both Selenium1 and Windmill use Javascript to control the
browser, which isn't great because it has to compete with Javascript
executing in the browser. Selenium2 uses WebDriver, which controls the
browser by way of browser-specific extensions (it takes care of
setting up a profile with the extension installed for you), so it has
full control over the browser, even allowing interaction with browser
dialogs and taking screenshots.

-- Sidnei