plone.app.calendar is even more misleading since plone.app.event
provides only the event core implementation but not calendar
functionality (or?). I think plone.app.event is fine since Plone
developers know of ATEvent and speaking of plone.app.event as a
replacement seems more logical than renaming it to .calendar.

My 2cents,
Andreas

Johannes Raggam wrote:
> Dear Framework Team!
>
> The name plone.app.event for the event improvement package (see:
> http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/10886 ) was proposed by me at the
> cathedral sprint in Cologne. But since then I often think that this
> wasn't the best possible name. It's too ambiguous because it may impose
> some zope.event like event-machinery as purpose.
>
> Would the FWT agree to change it to plone.app.calendar and eventually
> create an additional package called plone.calendar for general purpose
> tools and interfaces?
> "calendar" seems a good name to me because among other reasons some
> parts are modeled after the RFC2445 (iCalendar) specification.
>
> This is the last possible moment to change the name before
> plone.app.event would possibly released with plone4.1.
>
> Thanks and all the best,
> johannes raggam

- --
ZOPYX Limited           | zopyx group
Charlottenstr. 37/1     | The full-service network for Zope & Plone
D-72070 Tübingen        | Produce & Publish
www.zopyx.com           | www.produce-and-publish.com