My crummy meeting notes...
• Attending: Eric Steele, Craig Haynal, Ross Patterson, Elizabeth
Leddy, Laurence Rowe, Martijn Pieters
• Move to more of a cyclical (fixed timeframe release) cycle
• Be more responsive to people
• Better distribute load among FWT members
• PLIPs can be submitted at any time
• Regular FWT conference call schedule
• Some PLIPs (p.a.discussion) wound up with an iterative review
process, which worked well
• Others wound up stopping all development for 6 weeks waiting for
• Review comments in PLIP ticket or in review doc?
• Implementers aren't looking at review docs
• How to get others ("non-implementers) to chip in on fixing small
• Ticketing in other trackers?
• Lots of PLIP tickets in a "I may work on this some day" state. How do
we handle those?
• eleddy will put up a doc describing stages of process
• 3 month release cycle
• How do we keep up submission momentum? Will we get new proposals if
there is no "hey, it's Plone 4.x!" announcement?
• Let's try it for now.
• Regular FWT call, every 2 weeks. We'll be able to keep it shorter.
Next call: 8 March, 2011 @ 19:00 GMT
Framework-Team mailing list