Hello all,

I've had good luck with finding recommendations here for common repairs on Eiki
projectors but I haven't been able to find anything about a similar problem
that I've run into on an Elmo projector. Like the grommet/bushing inside the
focus knob on Eiki's that turns into rubbery gunk, the black rollers that
engage to guide the film through the slot close to the rear of the Elmo (3 or 4
of them, one right by the exciter lamp for the optical reader) have decomposed
into tar. In an Eiki, similar rollers are just white plastic i believe, but in
this case they were some kind of rubber that obviously didn't have much of a
shelf life. Any recommendations for what to replace these with? The heat shrink
idea from David Tetzlaff's website worked perfectly for the focus knob, but I
don't know that I could find any big enough for these rollers, or if that would
be ideal for coming into contact with the film...Any ideas welcome!  Thanks so
much!

Mike Morris
Dallas, Texas