From: "carli...@aol.com" <carli...@aol.com>
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] RIP the movie camera

In a message dated 10/22/2011 12:08:42 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dcinema2...@yahoo.com writes:
Not building any more film cameras? Those film cameras are built to last. I
know people shooting film with 1940s Eyemos
>and 1930s Mitchells. Wonder where all those digital Genesis and Origins will
>be in five years.
>Maybe Ebay.

I agree here as well.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting really sick and tired of all
this digital snarkiness.

I'm also waiting for the day when a modern digital video camera-- and face it,
that's what it is, video -- will physically last as long as the most average
Super 8 or 16 one, let alone 35mm.

And when they don't-- which they won't-- will their discardability and
obsolescence then be seen as a philosophical virtue? Probably.Pacific Daylight