Hi:
    So or flying, you can find a link to the TSA site on my page

http://www.gladstonefilms.com/links2.html

I didn't see anything about bulbs. I expect that the TSA might fuss more
over carrying fragile mercury containing bulbs in the passenger
compartment. You might try calling a bulb manufacturer and ask them that
question - which leads me to recommend Lowell lighting. Lowell also
makes compact flourescents that are flicker free, have a High CRI and
are daylight balanced (no green.) SO I'd recommend giving them a call.

My gut reaction says that there isn't that much of a pressure difference
and I don't think the bulbs will crack from that - more likely from
rough handling so pack them well. People have been shipping tungsten
halogen bubls for a long time in lights with no issues from pressure and
the tungsten halogen bulbs are under a lot of pressure.

--
Steven Gladstone
New York Based Cinematographer