INSOMNIA by Fred Worden
Different sizes of hole-punches in black leader.  I think Fred made this during
insomnia-driven late nights, but not sure.  His scratch film BOULEVARD may also
be relevant.  And perhaps EVERYDAY BAD DREAM.

999 BOY by Chris Langdon
10 minutes of 400-speed b/w footage driving in the desert at night, only
headlights illuminating the landscape - the night merging with and emerging out
of the grain field that makes up the film's dominant imagery.

VENICE PIER by Gary Beydler

HAULING TOTO BIG by Robert Nelson
Covers dream states, documented reality transformed as folklore, hypnosis,
landscape wanderings, many other things...

Many by Lewis Klahr or Janie Geiser (like THE FOURTH WATCH)  Actually, Lewis's
GOVINDA would be great.  Late night softporn, a found student film, and a super
8 wedding.

THE DEATH OF THE GORILLA by Peter Mays
Shot off of late-night TV, multiple passes in-camera with different color
filters.  Amazing stuff, you can see images at my blog,
preservationinsanity.bogspot.com if you want

IN PROGRESS by JJ Murphy and Norman Bloom
Simple and beautiful landscape studies shot over months from a fixed camera
view.

Much of Richard Myers' body of work is richly about dreams, sleep, searchings,
wanderings...

Perhaps NOCTURNE and WHAT'S OUT TONIGHT IS LOST by Phil Solomon

Mark T