Depends what film is on yr shelf. If you use negative, you get
negative, if you use slide film you get positive. Just like all the
other cine film cameras! (You knew this really didn't you!)

"Reversal" we used to call it. I just thought slide film was thicker
than negative so that some cameras would not take it. Never used still
slide film before.