From: Adam R. Levine <ada...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Frameworks] Travelogues
To: "Experimental Film Discussion List" <FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2011, 9:41 AM

Hello you,
I am trying to pull together a list of experimental films that either fall
directly under the category of "travelogue" or bear witness to travel and
distance from a point of origin on the part of the filmmaker. These would not
be so much ethnographic works which are part of a sustained cultural exchange,
but films made as a result of the filmmaker "passing through" and acknowledging
the looming spectre/problem/pleasure of "the tourist film". Warren Sonbert,
perhaps John Smith's "The Hotel Diaries"? I'm sure there are others...but can
you name them?

Thanks/Grazie/Kiitos!
ARL

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----