Frameworkers,

The Brooklyn College Film Department is hiring a Laboratory Technician to run
our equipment room. Great students, room for advancement and benefits. See
details below.

College Laboratory Technician - Equipment & Facilities (Film)
Job ID: 5033
Brooklyn College of the City University of New York

The primary responsibility of the Equipment and Facilities CLT in the Film
Department will be to support the department's equipment distribution system as
well as its computer labs and studios and perform the following duties:
- Oversee the equipment room and production facilities. Coordinate reservations
for student production equipment.
- Administer the equipment checkout system for student production. Assess the
condition of equipment and make repairs in-house as needed.
- Maintain an inventory of film equipment and the department film library.
Organize, maintain, distribute, set up, and return classroom equipment.
- Coordinate the shipping, receiving, and quality control of equipment
purchases and off-campus repairs. Assist in the maintenance of the department's
public computers. Coordinate the technical aspects of department film festivals
and other screenings.
- At the direction of the chair, provide related operational support for
departmental facilities.

Preferred Qualifications:

- A bachelor's degree in film production or related field, or equivalent
experience
- In-depth knowledge of motion picture cameras, lenses, video equipment,
lighting and grip equipment, and audio equipment
- Specific experience in servicing and repairing 16mm cameras (Arriflex, Bolex,
Bell & Howell), HD cameras (Panasonic HVX200, HPX170, DVX100), and sound gear
(Sennheiser, Fostex, Sound Devices)
- Good communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills

HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online as follows:
* Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
* Click "Search job listings"
* Click on "More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs"
* Search by Job Opening ID 5033
* Click on the "Apply Now" button.

In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a cover
letter (reference Job ID 5033), resume, and contact information for three
references as one document in "rtf", "doc" or "pdf" format.

COMPENSATION
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

CLOSING DATE
Open until filled with the review of applications to begin on December 29, 2011.

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively
encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply.
We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence
through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

Best,
Sarah

Sarah J. Christman
Assistant Professor