Grain is good. ;]

Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:09:06 -0800
From: perko...@yahoo.com
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] 16mm stills in LA

I used to put the 16mm film in an enlarger to make prints.

However,  the quality is really not all that good because when film goes
through a projector the grain, which is different for each frame, kind of
vanishes because it's only on the screen for 1/2 of 1/24 of a second.  The
viewers mind assembles the images from many frames so the grain kind of
averages out.

If it were my problem, I would get some sort of scanner for negatives to
digital files.  Then using Photoshop or Picture It I would improve the images.
These programs have a "remove grain" function.

Daina Krumins

http://www.dainakrumins.com