From: Ken Paul Rosenthal <kenpaulrosent...@hotmail.com>
Subject: [Frameworks] Re-authored Imagery Culled from Commercial DVDs
To: "Frameworks Postings" <frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com>
Date: Monday, 2 January, 2012, 15:39

I would like to make a collage documentary consisting of very short, 3 to 5
second clips (possibly longer) relative to my theme, culled from pre-1960
Hollywood films. My question is two-fold: First, are there any intellectual
property issues regarding image and sound, given the length of the clips? The
project won't have a theatrical release, only film festivals and
self-distribution. Secondly, what would be the best method for ripping these
clips from a dvd of the original source film?
Thanks, Kenwww.crookedbeautythefilm.com  (Academic)www.crookedbeauty.com
(Public)
www.kenpaulrosenthal.com

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----