Mr. Ashrowan,

If you're looking for film/video work based on alchemy, I've created
several video pieces inspired by that subject, as seen through the
lens of Carl Jung's analytical psychology.

http://www.dr-yo.com/video_opus_comp.html

http://www.dr-yo.com/video_machina_comp.html

Most specifically, "Opus Alchymicum: The Special Edition", "MANTRA",
and "TEMENOS" are very much based on alchemy. The latter two have
elements of Eastern mysticism blended in.

Another piece I've co-created employs the physical celluloid alchemy
you mentioned:  "PHOSPHENES", in collaboration with Anna Geyer.

http://www.dr-yo.com/video_phosphenes.html

Regards,

Aaron F. Ross