Contacting a local film archive is the best thing.
Its too dangerous to keep a nitrate if you don't have the right conditions.
Still too risky if you have.
There are ways of getting rid (destroy in a safe way) of a nitrate but you
need someone experienced.
I don't recommend transporting it.

'Because it releases it's own oxygen as it burns. The Fumes are toxic.'



2012/2/18 Steven Gladstone <ste...@gladstonefilms.com>

>
>
>
> On 2/18/12 11:25 AM, Tom Whiteside wrote:
> A nitrate fire is unstoppable.
>
>
> Because it releases it's own oxygen as it burns. The Fumes are toxic.
>
> I've a large roll I rescued from a film with a plot point of burning
> down an old film lab.
>
> How do I get it to someone who would like it?
>
> It's sealed and in the freezer.
>
>
> --
> Steven Gladstone
> New York Based Cinematographer
> Gladstone films
> Blog - http://indiekicker.reelgrok.com/
> http://www.blakehousemovie.com
> http://www.gladstonefilms.com
> 917-886-5858
> _______________________________________________
> FrameWorks mailing list
> FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
> https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks
>
_______________________________________________
FrameWorks mailing list
FrameWorks@jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

Reply via email to