As I recall, there's an interesting although brief sequence of
soldiers participating in a post-battle mass in Apocalypse Now.  I
believe it happens after one of the two battles featuring Robert
Duvall's character.

I remember it being pretty loaded visually, with a lamb (or maybe a
calf? ) being hoisted into the air by a helicopter in the background.

Might be worth a look...

Ken