Well, I suppose I have a two-part answer for you:
First-off, I apologize. The festival is basically completely organized
by just two people with full-time jobs and we haven't in the past been
able to respond to everyone who submitted. We're working on changing
that this year, and will be sending out an email to everyone who's
submission we receive, regardless of whether they get in to the
festival.
As for the tape, we aren't able to return submission materials to
filmmakers who send them in. We have absolutely no budget for the
festival, as the festival is free to submit to, and any fees for
screenings have gone entirely to cover the cost of the screening
venue. Due to this, we simply cannot afford the postage (not to
mention the time involved) to send submission materials back to
filmmakers. I'll make a note of this on our entry form going forward.
Additionally, we're only accepting submissionms on NTSC DVDs this
year.
This festival was started three years ago by a couple of guys who had
no experience running a festival. This whole thing is a big learning
experience for us, and I hope you'll bear with us.
Again, thanks for submitting and I'm sorry if you feel slighted in any way
-LJ

ljfre...@gmail.com / 904.762.8300