Friday, February 24, 2012, 1:40:54 PM, one wrote:

> Thursday, February 23, 2012, 12:54:38 PM, one wrote:

>> I'm guessing from the OP that only Ferris Bueller counts as what Gene
>> is asking for, the others being examples of interior monologues.
>> * interior non-diegetic:
>>   We only hear the characters via voice-over, but they are talking to
>>   US, breaking the 'fourth-wall' (Example: Sunset Boulevard, The
>>   Opposite of Sex)

> Actually, Clockwork Orange counts here too. Alex is not talking to
> himself in filmic time, he's narrating in past tense to us (or rather,
> to an audience addressed as "O My Brothers" who diegetically may be
> interpreted as a post-hospital new set of droogies, but really reduces
> to us, audience-implicationwise).

Actually to be more precise, I was thinking that CO is in the same mode
as Sunset Blvd ... which it is, but neither of them satisfies Gene's
original request, because they're in *past tense*. I haven't seen The
Opposite of Sex so I can't tell if it belongs

What characteristics might distinguish a *first person present tense*
voice *NOT* to be an "interior monolog"? I mean to say, couldn't *any*
of the first be interpreted as the second?

--
 Jim Flannery
 j...@newgrangemedia.com