Actually I mean both. (BTW I just ordered a copy of Crooked Beauty.)
Figurative imagery as you describe is perhaps my first interest, but I am
very keen to see how abstract imagery can be used expressively.

The project I'm working on is a personal exploration of identity and
belonging. Some of that story, as it currently exists, involves metaphor;
this I can show with literal as well as figurative imagery.

But I would really like to see works incorporating abstract imagery -
non-identifiable subjects - used as a central expressive tool (as opposed
to its use as primarily as eye-candy, just stylistically, that is very
popular nowadays. Its something that I have little experience creating, but
I feel the piece I'm working on really calls for it.

The titles listed weren't meant as examples of types I want to see more of,
but as examples of types I've already seen; I would like to see something
different to expand my horizons, as it were.

Thanks Franco for the tip off to Artavazd Pelechian. I'm so happy to have
finally heard of him!

=L

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:51 PM, David Tetzlaff <djte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given your examples, i think you might better describe the imagery as
> poetic or figurative rather than abstract. That is, we see see images of
> identifiable things, but they are not the explicit subject of the text. Yes?
>
> If so, I would highly recommend you take a look at Crooked Beauty by Ken
> Paul Rosenthal, who is an active FRAMEWORKER. http://www.crookedbeauty.com

*Honk! If you like funny. <http://www.honkthemovie.com>*
*
*