Lance,

Any number of films come to mind:

Manny Kirchheimer's films "Claw: A Fable"  and "Tall: The American Skyscraper
and Louis Sullivan"

Any number of Michael Blackwood documentaries
http://www.michaelblackwoodproductions.com/

"Southern Images" and "Manhattan Quartet" by Richard Protovin and Franklin
Backus

"Ruckus Manhattan" by Red Grooms

"Organism" by Hilary Harris

"A Wonderful Construction" on the building of the World Trade Center. Preserved
by NYPL.

There's the great documentary "Architecture of Doom," too.

I'd contact AIA, they have an amazing library!:
http://www.aia.org/about_contact/index.htm

This is merely the tip of the huge iceberg.

Elizabeth McMahon