The Millennium Film Workshop is having a members meeting to vote for
the board of directors and the director.  Also on the agenda is to
make a few changes in the bylaws to facilitate the development and
enacting of new bylaws, which sorely need to be brought up to date.

The Millennium has undergone fundamental changes in the past year.
There has been restructing in the governance of the organization as
well as a change in the space that we have.  However, the Millennium
has definitely bottomed out and is on the way back to health, though
these next few months will determine the future of the organization.
This is the time that we as a membership fundamentally assess the
purpose and future direction.  There has been an outpouring of
support, new board members, discovery of new equipment, and a renewed
sense of optimism in the affairs of the organization.

It is important that we get as many people as we can to show up at the
meeting.  The success of the meeting will determine whether or not the
Millennium will survive.  If you are not already a member, you will be
able to join.  As described in the notice below, only certain members
are able to vote according to the bylaws.    When the next meeting
comes along, you will be able to vote.  The doors will open at 5:00pm
to register new members.  A quorum is 50% of the members that are
eligible to vote.

The Millennium has been an important part of the community for nearly
half of a century.  It continues to serve the community with
screenings, equipment rental, workshops, facilities access and the
Millennium Film Journal.  It is in a serious state and urgent action
is needed.  With your support, this important resource can survive and
flourish.

Please share this with interested friends and colleagues.  If you have
any questions or ideas, please send me an email.  I hope to see you
there!

Jay Hudson

Millennium Film Workshop Members Meeting
(212) 673-0090
Sunday, April 15, 2011
7:00pm
at Millennium