Maybe the Elmo ST 1200? 250w halogen, 1200' capacity. Decent, fast zoom
lenses. But an unfortunately designed rubber roller coupling between
the pulldown mech and the fan/flywheel which usually needs remediation
by now. (Is it the same in the GS 1200?)

Are there any Super 8 projectors with upper feed/front lower take-up
(as opposed to front/rear) that could be hacked and mated to a xenon
lamp house?

I am intrigued by the possibilities. Will let you know if research
proves fruitful.

Todd Eacrett
Victoria BC Canada

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:00:55 -0700, Adam Hyman <a...@lafilmforum.org> wrote:
  Yep, that.  We want one of those.  But damn, look at those eBay
prices.  What’s the next step down?