If anyone plans to be in Durham next week for the Full Frame Documentary Film
Festival, give me a holler off-line if you'd like to visit the newly opened
Durham Cinematheque and see the inaugural show, "CARDS: ALMOST TWO DECKS."
Location is right there at the festival, next to the Armory.  There is also a
small exhibition of projectors, magic lantern slides and cinematic ephemera
(think Polavision, a projector made by Psychotechnics, etc.)

And if you happen to be coming one day early I will be screening my new show
FILMISTORY.2 on Wednesday night, April 11th. This is a rambunctious program
featuring more than 20 films 100+ years old, a Review of American Presidents
(up to a certain point), a runaway horse, two English cathedrals, and riffs on
Potemkin. This is a 50 minute show, three screens, 16mm, seating is limited and
reservations are required.

Durham Cinematheque is a one person organization and it has been housed in my
basement until now. Under this moniker I've done about 80 shows since 1991 in a
variety of locations in Bull City. No website, only bricks and mortar and
acetate cellulose for now.

-          Tom Whiteside               Durham, North Carolina