> I use anything from 1-4 liter kit of tetenal's E-6 developer a month. After
>  looking on some forums it appeared that it was ok at dispose of E-6 down t
> he drain. However I was recently on a course in London and the lecturer tol
> d me it was worth finding out for certain what was in the E-6 before dumpin
> g it. So now I've started storing that until I find out.

I wouldn't worry about quantities that low.  If you're living in a small town
where a couple thousand people share a small waste treatment plant, you might
want to call and see... but that's not really enough to worry about especially
if you're not dumping it all at once.

> Would it be worth while investing in a silver recovery system? I have absol
> utely no idea how much they are or what they even look like. Forgive my ign
> orance.

Probably not worth it with such low volumes, but if you live in an urban
area you can probably get someone to pick the stuff up for you.

http://www.uos.harvard.edu/ehs/environmental/silver_recovery.shtml

Also if you have a local print shop or T-shirt screening shop, they may have
a recovery system and would be willing to pay you for your old hypo and
bleach.
--scott