You should watch Guy Sherwin's film At the Academy. Wilhelm and Birgit Hein
also made a whole film like this,

Nicky.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Soar <matts...@gmail.com>
To: frameworks@jonasmekasfilms.com
Sent: Fri, 18 May 2012 16:08
Subject: [Frameworks] Film leaders

Hi folks,

I have started using 'found' commercial film leaders in my work, and
am wondering if list members can point me to any existing films where
the maker has used a comparable approach. I'm also fascinated with the
purposes of these 'paratextual' markings (eg 'SMTP'; 'end of picture';
'finish'; but also handwritten film titles and markings, etc) and am
therefore very keen to find scholarly or technical writing about
commercial film leaders. I've trawled through a few library databases
without much luck.

Thanks in advance for any tips. I'll compile any responses and post
them back to frameworks.

All best wishes,

Matt Soar

--