Someone do a show of only Brian Frye.  I can't get what he showed at
Experiments in Cinema out of my head.  I imagine some attorney going over files
and videotape from court cases and thinking, hey, here's a fascinating
narrative film, as is, untouched . . or no, it's a documentary, covering an
allegation of police brutality, but wait, it's artist's video, pure
appropriation and replacement in a new context.

Of just Jesse McLean.  I was at Experiments only the first two days, but will
never forget that string of karaoke performances.  I was moved, for God's sake.

Bernie