Johan van der Keuken is at least as “experimental” as the distinguished group
of makers Matt cites.

From: Ruth Hayes
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 3:58 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] experimental documentary...

Hi Matt,

If you're interested in experimental animation exploring non-fiction themes (I
hesitate to call it "documentary" but others do) you could take a look at my
vimeo page: Reign of the Dog: A Re-Visionist History (1994) and On Our Way
(2011, currently password protected-but that is OOW2).

http://vimeo.com/26890004 (for Reign of the Dog)
https://vimeo.com/31658076 (for On Our Way)

Also, there is a lot of discussion in the animation studies world about
documentary animation currently.  See the following:

http://community.ucreative.ac.uk/index.cfm?articleid=36089

http://anm.sagepub.com/content/6/3/231.abstract?rss=1

http://www.fpsmagazine.com/mag/200503.php

http://www.animatedrealities.co.uk/

Of course there are a lot of animated "documentaries" that I don't really think
are very "experimental" in nature, but that's another discussion....

Hope this helps!

Ruth Hayes

http://www.randommotion.com

blogs.evergreen.edu/hayesr