Lotte Reiniger, really?  I guess I haven't seen everything, but what I have
seen is shadow puppets, not collage.

Tom            Durham Cinematheque

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Jaimie Baron
<jaimierba...@gmail.com<mailto:jaimierba...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi Frameworks,
I'm putting together a list of experimental animators who use cutout/collage
techniques, particularly those who use "found" materials (which is kind of all
of them, I know, but I'm particularly interesting in recognizable found
materials). I'm looking for relevant filmmakers both past and present. So far I
have Lotte Reiniger, Harry Smith, Stan VanDerBeek, Terry Gilliam, Larry Jordan,
Lewis Klahr, Eric Patrick, Jodie Mack, Stacey Steers, and Leslie Supnet. I know
there are many more. Any suggestions for filmmakers/films? Thanks!
Jaimie
________________________________

Jaimie Baron, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Film Studies