I thought of him as one of the great writers of our time. The essay films are
also sublime literary essays, ready for publication as such. And he was a
visual poet. What an inspiration indeed!

From: Tim Halloran
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 10:41 AM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Chris Marker RIP :(

Very sad news. Marker remains a continuous source of wonder and inspiration. He
will be missed.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 30, 2012, at 4:20 AM, "Freya" <freya...@yahoo.com> wrote:

        Well it's just been confirmed by Le Monde that Chris Marker has died.

        I never got to meet the man but was a big fan of his films esp
sans-soliel!

        Was only the other day someone said it was his birthday and that he was
91! I was shouting Yay for Chris Marker!

        Anyway I'm sorry to pass on the sad news.

        Missing him already.

        Have to go now as I have a deadline today and sadly can't spend any
more time thinking about this right now. Way the world is.

        Anyway just stopping for a moment to remember the magic! :)

        Take care.

        love

        Freya