Hi frameworks,
As some of you may know I've been setting up a HD 8mm telecine service this
month at Gauge Film. We're waiting for the unit to arrive so we can set it all
up and do some tests before offering a service. I just wondered if any of you
have any advice on cleaning film before putting it through my telecine machine.
Firstly, will film that has just been processed need to be cleaned or can it be
put straight through?
Secondly what's the best way to physically go about cleaning it? I have heard
some people use the lomo tanks to clean film, others us the reels on a
projector and some kind of cloth, wiping it as it goes past. Any info at all
would be great (I haven't a clue on film cleaning). This is going to be an
affordable service so trying to keep costs down is a priority. We need to
strike a good balance between cost and excellent quality.
All the bestKevin