The L&H in question is Big Business. "Deconstruction" indeed.

-----Original Message-----
From: frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com
[mailto:frameworks-boun...@jonasmekasfilms.com] On Behalf Of Chuck Kleinhans
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 4:47 PM
To: Experimental Film Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] new critical studies film course in car culture

The about to open, On The Road, and an almost endless stream of road movies in
Hollywood.

There's a famous Laurel and Hardy film (whose name I forget at the moment)
which includes tearing a car apart in a dispute.

Not about film, per se, but in the 1920s the expansion of relatively
inexpensive autos created a certain moral panic around cars as mobile bedrooms
for young people who could escape being chaperoned.

Chuck Kleinhans